Argenta Partners has made investments in a wide range of manufacturing, service, transportation and value-added distribution-related businesses. We have experience across a variety of transaction structures, ranging from recapitalization to acquisition of the entire ownership interest. Our long term view allows us to take an opportunistic and flexible investment approach to support a compelling growth plan and investment structure for the long term success of the business. Typically, we focus on businesses with the following characteristics:
- Revenues between $10 million and $125 million
- Minimum EBITDA of $2.0 million
- Established and predictable cash flow
- Significant and defensible position in their market
- Significant potential for future growth
- Proven management team - committed to the long term future of the business or to a smooth transition period
Generally we do not seek investments in businesses with products or services subject to rapid change due to changes in technology or consumer tastes; or in retail, banking, real estate or commodity businesses.
We have substantial flexibility and will invest under conditions including:
- Recapitalizations providing liquidity for existing owners and/or continuing ownership and leadership by existing management.
- Acquisitions where existing management remains or where existing management wishes to transition out of the business and a new senior management team is to be developed.
- Acquisition of a division of a larger company, where qualified senior management may or may not be available.
- In participation with an experienced and qualified CEO in the acquisition of a business in his or her area of expertise.